- 2:30-4: Modelling continuous-time systems using differential-algebraic equations. What a circuit is. KCL, KVL and BCRs with simple linear examples. Linearity. A simple circuit with a nonlinear element (diode).
2014/11/05 (Wed): (class given 2014/11/04 5-6:30)
- 2:30-4: Nonlinear circuits. Nodal and modified nodal analysis with examples. Writing circuit equations in standard DAE form. Mechanical equation example in standard DAE form; chemical reactions as reaction-rate differential equations. Standard DAE form with inputs and outputs.
- 2:30-5: Jacobian matrices and their importance. Glimpse of parsing and equation setup. DC analysis and the ))Newton-Raphson(( method. Solving linear equations (Ax=b) numerically. Sparsity and its importance.
- 2:30-4: Linear equation solution contd.: Gaussian Elimination and LU factorization.
- 2:30-5: Ax=b solution (contd.) Numerical solution of differential equations (transient simulation).
- 2:30-5: Transient simulation contd. (stiffness, DAEs, small-timestep error analysis). Linearizing nonlinear equations.
- 2:30-4: Linearizing nonlinear equations contd. AC analysis. AC frequency sweeps.